Krushak - The radiation processing plant dedicated to the nation
Krushak (Krushi Utpadan Sanrakshan Kendra) the technology demonstration plant set up by BARC at Lasalgaon, district Nashik, Maharashtra, for demonstration of low dose applications of radiation for preservation of agricultural commodities. The plant was dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on October 31,2002.
For radiation processing Krushak uses gamma radiation from a cobalt-60 source. The plant is designed to process 10 tonnes of onion/hour. It is a forerunner for more such facilities.
- Turamdih Uranium Mining Project Inaugurated
- Safety Programme of Uranium Corporation of India Ltd.
- Radiation Processing of Food: A Clean & Safe Technology.
- Electron Beam Technology for Industrial Accelerators: BARC's Endeavour
- First Beam from Super Conducting LINAC Booster put on the Target
- Technology Transfer
- Steady state Super conducting Tokamak SST-1